Friday 6 December 2013

Textiles in Art & Design - Material Distressing/Manipulating

Not updated in a while so thought it's best to catch up, I didn't update on this task at the time so I'll start here. We had two distressing tasks the first was with a netted material made from individual strands and the second was with a mesh type copper material.

I went with the same theme for both and attempted to dismantle them and re-construct them into batches of wires (going along my computer theme)

Here's the first;




I pulled the individual strands apart and then clustered them together using strands to tie them into place.

Here's the second;





I used the same technique again with this one, obviously this one came out a lot better as it was stronger and held together far better.

No comments:

Post a Comment