Sunday 15 December 2013

Art & Design - Urban Landscape Research

While researching various Urban Landscape artists I came across some, who's work I really, really like. The first one is Angela Wakefield, she paints contemporary Urban Landscapes which are quite stunning.

Below are some pieces of her work.





The realism of them is extraordinary, they almost look like edited photographs. I really like this kind of work, will keep an eye on her future work.

The second artist I became really fond of is Leo Verhoeven, his work is usually based on London cityscapes as he focuses on modernist architecture. His use of colour and the simplicity of work is genius.



I think I'm drawn to the work by these artist because of my love for illustration, given my computer background I can really relate to the style of work, although these are not created using a computer, the style is very, very similar to a computer illustrated piece. 


No comments:

Post a Comment