Wednesday 16 October 2013

Applique & Suffolk Puffs

So, I thought I better bless you all with an update seen as I've been neglecting the blog slightly. 

So last week I learnt about two things, firstly was Suffolk Puffs - although at first it seemed very simple I quickly learnt that being a bit of a perfectionist with the stitching was not a good idea. My stitching was far too small and close together which resulted in the fabric not gathering into a "pouch". Second and third attempt at this did however prove a success but ultimately I wasn't sold on the technique. 

Second and by far my favourite technique of the night was the Applique - although we kind of cheated on the process and quickened it up using bondaweb instead of a stitch I found it really good. My borderline crazy obsession with triangles shone through again as I used different layers of fabric on top of each other to create a nice triangular piece, to finish it off I started to add a little running stitch round the edge of the fabric pieces. 



No comments:

Post a Comment