Thursday 27 March 2014

Art & Design; Printing - Promotional Poster



My promotional piece for our exhibition 'Fingerprints - an Exploration of Identity', I tried to keep it in-line with my geometric theme but also incorporated other elements to strengthen the piece.

I decided to try and make a strong statement so I chose the text 'Geometry is everywhere in life - but what is life without an identity'. Geometry itself ties in with the identity theme in my opinion, as my tagline/statement says it is in essence a fingerprint of life itself and for this reason and my mild obsession with geometrics, I decided to base my work on it.

The inclusion of an illustrated self portrait again strengthens the identity part of the piece, it also adds a little bit of 'personalisation' to the work.

I believe my concept will capture the interest of my target audience, and hopefully open their minds to how significant geometry is in life.


No comments:

Post a Comment